Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Family vacation.


Last week we went on an amazing houseboat vacation on Shasta Lake. Our very dear friends invited us to share their vacation and we had a blast. My favorite time of day was going to bed and falling asleep while staring at the stars. It was so beautiful and peaceful. This is what I woke up to in the mornings. Why don't I sleep outside more often?


Kids are so great at entertaining themselves. I never would think to cover myself in mud to keep myself busy. I loved watching the kids play. For the most part our cell phones had no signal. There was a LOT of grumbling about that, but I was really grateful for it. Instead of having their noses buried in technology, everyone was playing, having conversations, relaxing. 


There was lots of tubing, wake boarding, and waterskiing. The dad of the family we went with grew up going to the lake every summer and is incredible at...well any type of water sport. He has all types of toys. We were so lucky to get to try things out. 





Here is Kelly barefoot skiing. 


And doing flips on the knee board. 


We also had plenty of time for relaxing.  Here the guys were snoring in stereo.


I think family vacations and traditions are so great. I value these times and am grateful for the opportunities!  Thank you Asbes. 

Xoxo,

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment